Hi, I'm Amy!
I am a Doula living in Sonoma, CA with my husband, two kiddos and a big goofy dog named Bradley. In my free time, you can find me on my mini-homestead in the garden with my chickens or hanging at the park with my family.
My greatest pleasure as a Doula is witnessing women become confident & excited about the birth of their baby.
Experiencing my own two rocky, yet empowering journeys of pregnancy, birth and postpartum drew me to this line of work. I saw the ways that I succeeded, and also the ways I struggled. I became determined to help improve the quality of care and support during the childbearing years.
Training & Experience:
- DONA International birth doula training 2015
- Breastfeeding Counselor Program
- Postpartum Doula Certification training
- Childbirth Educator Program
- Spinning Babies training
- Workshop for hypnosis for labor & birth
"Having Amy at our births gave us peace. We trust her, and we feel supported and empowered having her with us. She also captured the most beautiful, powerful, and precious moments on camera! We cannot say enough good things about Amy...
So wonderful through all 3 of our pregnancies, deliveries, and postpartum time."
I help prepare families for their own birth and postpartum experiences by:
- offering compassion and respect
- understanding your choices and helping you navigate clear, collaborative communication with your care providers
- giving you tips to help create a comfortable, warm atmosphere in any birth setting
- providing evidence-based birth education
- practicing labor positions, breathing, and relaxation techniques
- supporting your partner to be an active participant in birth
- offering resources to prepare the mind and body for birth
- guidance and support for breastfeeding and bottle feeding