I was drawn to this line of work after experiencing my own challenging, yet empowering journeys of pregnancy and parenthood. I look back and see the ways that I succeeded, as well as the ways that I struggled. I became determined to improve the quality of care and support during the childbearing years.
My greatest pleasure as a Doula is witnessing women become confident & excited about the birth of their baby.
Training & Experience:
- DONA International birth doula training
- Over 5 years of experience working with families in multiple hospital settings, birth centers and home births
- Over 3 years providing postpartum day and night support to new mothers
- Breastfeeding Counselor Program
- Postpartum Doula Certification training
- Childbirth Educator Program
- Spinning Babies training
- Workshop for hypnosis for labor & birth
- Volunteered for a charity organization serving low income families
- Organized and facilitated peer reviews and continuing education in the birth community
"Having Amy at our births gave us peace. We trust her, and we feel supported and empowered having her with us. She also captured the most beautiful, powerful, and precious moments on camera! We cannot say enough good things about Amy...
So wonderful through all 3 of our pregnancies, deliveries, and postpartum time."